Deputy Director Care Services (Care Manager) - Moree
Job no: 492341
Work type: Full time
Whiddon, a not-for-profit organisation, has been providing exceptional care to older Australians across regional, rural and remote NSW and QLD for more than 70 years. We actively promote and maintain a proud sense of community and are passionate about enriching the lives of our clients by delivering flexible and personalised services to support our clients to continue to live safely and independently at home and in their community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Whiddon Moree has an exciting permanent full-time opportunity for a Deputy Director Care Services (Care Manager). Share your passion for aged care, make a real difference to our resident’s lives and have a positive impact within the community.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing and driving clinical services to ensure positive outcomes are achieved for our clients.
- Putting your stamp on quality, infection control and service-based learning and development.
- Supporting the Residential Manager to meet financial and budgetary goals.
- Fostering a culture where learning, service, safety, improvement and team work is encouraged, supported and valued.
- Championing client rights and the creation of a culture where residents are respected as individuals, and reporting of client related concerns is supported.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant degree or tertiary qualification in nursing.
- At least three (3) years’ experience working as a clinician (Registered Nurse, Nurse Unit Manager or similar).
- Aged care experience
- Strong knowledge, understanding and experience of ACFI
- Demonstrated experience working with, leading and managing a team.
- Intermediate experience using a variety of software programs such as AutumnCare (or similar), along with experience using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- First Aid Certificate
- Current Influenza and COVID Vaccination (or willing to obtain)
- Current NDIS Worker Check - NDISWC (or willing to obtain)
- The right to work in Australia
As a Whiddon employee, there are a variety of benefits available to you both at work and outside of work. These benefits include:
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- Extra day off per year - Frank Whiddon Day
- Salary sacrificing benefits - pay less tax and keep more of your pay
- Retail discounts such as JB Hifi, Redballoon, Foxtel, among others
- Novated leasing
- HESTA Fee Relief
- Scholarships available
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter addressing the above criteria. To find out more about this position and the benefits of a career at Whiddon then visit our website https://www.whiddon.com.au/careers/ or contact Martha Rowe on 02 67529200.
Apply now Refer a friend
Back to search results