Home Care Employee - Bankstown & Fairfield
Job no: 493517
Work type: Casual
Categories: Home Care Worker
Helping elderly Australians continue to live at home is incredibly rewarding and it really requires a team effort to do it well. So, we will back you up with experienced Care Coordinators that have the time and focus to answer your questions and provide guidance and support when you need it.
Getting to know the personalities and life stories of clients is amazing. We will provide you with comprehensive information about them and their needs, and rostering to maintain continuity with them, so you can quickly build rapport and deeper relationships.
You also have a life and responsibilities outside of work though, and we will work with you to agree the shifts that suit you and remain flexible and open-minded for whatever might come up in the future.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, but more importantly, we are like one big family and treat each of our clients and team members with the same levels of passion, care, and respect.
We are hoping you will join our fantastic Whiddon family at Glenfield on a Casual basis, visiting clients in the Bankstown and Fairfield area.
Candidates must have Certificate III in individual support or Disability or working to obtain qualification, current driver's license and own a registered car.
WHAT WE OFFER
Whiddon offer the opportunity for employees to make positive and meaningful impact on residents and clients in their roles. With our resident focused approach to care employees are provided with the opportunity to develop strong relationships and friendships.
In addition to the opportunity to genuinely make a difference in your role, Whiddon offer a competitive package with all the elements that you would expect and more:
- Salary Packaging options so you can keep more of your pay. Did you know that by salary packaging, you can increase your hourly rate by approx. $2? (obtaining financial advice is recommended) This is how:
- Up to $611.53 per fortnight to pay your mortgage, rent, school fees, etc.
- Up to $101.92 per fortnight to pay entertainment activities like cafes, restaurants, etc.
- Leave entitlements so you can rest, recuperate and take care of your loved ones! (Permanent employees) - NSW ONLY
- 5 weeks Annual Leave (or the option to cash out Annual Leave)
- Long Service Leave after 5 years
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Up to 3 days paid community service leave each year
- Up to 4 days paid compassionate leave
- Paid time between clients
- Work/life balance. Options to work morning and afternoon shifts.
- Whiddon Scholarships so you can study and advance your career. You can get financial support to cover your studies
- Learning, learning, learning. Leadership courses for all levels of leaders, education resources and more!
- Get recognised for your great work! On the spot recognition, Every Day Heroes, Annual Awards night and more.
- Employee Referral Program. Earn bonuses for inviting your friends to work
- Employee Assistance Program for when you need extra support
- Locations across NSW and QLD. If you need to relocate or wish to transfer between our Homes
Whiddon are committed to passing on the 15% Aged Care employee rate increase to our eligible employees to cover their rates of pay, superannuation, leave balances and associated on costs.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit a copy of your resume addressing the above criteria. To find out more about this position and the benefits of a career at Whiddon then visit our website https://www.whiddon.com.au/careers/
Apply now Refer a friend
Back to search results